California Privacy Notice
As patients trust us with sensitive information, privacy is at the core of everything we do
Effective Date: July, 2023
Last Updated: July 24, 2023
This privacy notice applies only to California residents. It describes how Cedar Cares, Inc. (“Cedar”) collects, uses and shares Personal Information of California residents in connection with their use of the Cedar website and Platform.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following information from the following sources:
- Identifiers, such as name, username/password, email address, office and/or home address, office and/or personal phone numbers, and other similar identifiers. We collect this information from you and third parties including public sources, service providers, publications, commercial clients.
- Protected class information, such as age and sex. We collect this information from you and third parties, including business partners, employers, service providers, and public sources.
- Commercial information, such as billing information. We collect this information from you and third parties, commercial clients.
- Internet and electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information about your interaction with our websites and applications (collectively, “Interaction Data”). We collect this information directly from you through tracking technologies.
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as your photograph. We collect this from you, employers, public sources, and business partners.
- Professional and employment information, such as current and past employment. We collect this from you and third parties including business partners, service providers, commercial clients, employers, public sources, and publications.
- Inferences, including inferred preferences and interests based on the other Personal Information we collect about you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes. We do not sell or share Personal Information as defined under the CCPA.
- To administer our website and the Platform, improve the performance of the website and Platform, and conduct analytics
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, and to facilitate a contract or business relationship with you.
- To review and process your job application.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, investigate and respond to legal claims, and protect the rights, safety, and property of Cedar and other third parties.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale, change of control, or other disposition of assets.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to the following recipients.
- Affiliates, including parent entities, corporate affiliates, business units and other companies that share common ownership.
- Identifiers; Protected class information; Commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity information; Audio, electronic, and visual information; Professional and employment information; Geolocation data; and Inferences.
- Our service providers, such as analytics providers, IT providers, and others who provide services to us on our behalf and are bound by contractual obligations to use your Personal Information only as directed.
- Law enforcement, governmental entities, and other recipients pursuant to appropriate legal process or to comply with applicable legal obligations.
- In connection with a business transaction, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, sale, change of control, or other disposition of assets.
- To other parties with your consent.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may have the following rights, subject to legal exceptions:
- Right to Know. You may request information about the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information; the purposes for collecting and disclosing the Personal Information; and to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information and why. You may also request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You may request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Correct. You may request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected]. We will verify your request using information associated with you. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
Verification: We may need to request additional information about you to locate you in our records or verify your identity, in which case we will contact you and only use such additional information for the purpose of locating you in our records or verifying your identity.
Authorized Agents: You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent to demonstrate authority to act on your behalf, such as by providing signed permission. We may also verify the authenticity of the request directly with you.
Timing: We will respond to all requests within 45 days, unless we need more time, in which case we will notify you and may take up to 90 days to respond to your request.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If you have any questions about this notice or Cedar’s privacy practices, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Cares, Inc.
32 6th Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Attn: Privacy Officer